CHORAL CONDUCTING WORKSHOP with Barnaby Smith, Artistic Director of VOCES8
As Director of the internationally renowned vocal ensemble VOCES8, Barnaby Smith is in demand as a conductor, choir trainer, counter-tenor and arranger. With a schedule that takes him around the world, Barnaby is highly regarded for his interpretation in the Choral, Baroque, Classical and Film genres. Recent repertoire highlights include Purcell: Dido and Aeneas, Handel: Messiah, Dixit Dominus and Coronation Anthems, Bach: Magnificat in D and St John Passion, Haydn: Creation, Mozart: Requiem and Symphony no. 40.
Participants will work with Barnaby and the eight VOCES8 Scholars.
• for conductors who wish to gain further technical expertise and knowledge
• the workshop will cover interpretation, gesture, choral technique and rehearsal technique
• 30 minutes individual tuition time per participant
• each participant will have 30 minutes to work with Barnaby and the ensemble
• observer places are available
30% student discounts are available for both participants and observers. Use the code "STUDENT" when purchasing a ticket. We will require purchasers to produce Student ID upon arrival should a discount code have been used.